Monday 6 September 2010

Week 2

Monday 6 September: Back to work and I joined the weekly staff meeting. It was pretty comprehensive and gave me some very useful background to PPHP’s work – but at 4½ hours it was a long session! I gained some more information about the debate on male circumcision. It was part of a schools/colleges tournament run by the Zambian television service. PPHP had pressed to have their youth federation involved as a way of showing that underprivileged young people were just as capable as taking part in a debating competition as young people in schools and colleges. And prove it they did – they won the round convincingly and now go forward to the next round.

We also discussed my work at the meeting and my remit was extended to examining and making proposals for developing and enhancing their financial reporting systems.

I saw the weather forecast on television tonight. There is a ‘low’ over central Africa and a ‘high’ over its southern tip. This means there might be a few clouds here tomorrow. Temperatures – warm to hot tonight – very hot tomorrow. Fair enough.

It is spring in Zambia and I thought I should offer some pictures of the colour in the trees.





No comments:

Post a Comment