Friday 17 September 2010

On the road

Friday 17 September: I am now in Livingstone at the Zig Zag Bed and Breakfast Bar Restaurant. They said the bus would take 9 hours but, in fact, it took only just over 6. There may have been some confusion over it leaving at 9.00 which is described here as Nine hour – but I had thought of that at the time and I thought the man had said other buses took 9 hours. I had a seat behind the driver which gave a good view and also allowed me to watch the driving which was pretty good despite having his foot down at 140kph for quite a while (on single carriageway roads). It was interesting going through the wild country and through small and medium sized towns and watching the people coming up to sell us fruit and drinks at every opportunity. When we arrived I had three taxi drivers arguing and haggling in front of me over who was going to take me to my hotel.

Zig Zag is ok and the fish, the lady said bream, in the restaurant was lovely. And Zig Zag has WiFi (and air con and a fantastic shower.) Here are a couple of snaps taken through the coach window at a road junction on the way. By their very nature you have to slow down at road junctions – so there is a clear opportunity for people to sell there!


2 comments:

  1. Do you not have AC in your flat? Hope its not too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No - Lusaka is great at the moment - hot but very low humidity. The flat is shaded and spacious and fine.

    ReplyDelete